LIFESTYLE: RECIPE, BANANA & STRAWBERRY LOAF


Today's post is slightly different, it's a recipe post. I just had to share this one with you because, look at them, they're the definition of beauty too! I have created this recipe myself using aspects from variety I have found in books/online and a classic 'trial and error' method. These aren't the healthiest of treats, but that's why I make them in mini loaf cases. Per mini loaf, they contain (approx.): 270 calories, 3g protein, 13g fat (8g saturates), 1g fibre and 24g sugar. 
Banana Loaf, drizzled with icing and topped with Banana Chips
Quantities: 5 mini Banana loaf cakes & 5 mini Banana and Strawberry loaf cakes (using these mini loaf cases).

Ingredients: 
140g self-raising flour
140g caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
140g unsalted butter, softened 
2 large eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp milk
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
3 large strawberries, sliced
Icing sugar, for decoration
Dried banana chips, for decoration

1. Pre-heat your oven to 200C/180C fan/gas mark 6 and place your mini loaf cases on a baking tray.

2. Cream together the butter and caster sugar, until the mixture is light and fluffy. Then slowly add the eggs (add a little flour if needed). 

3. Fold in the remaining flour, baking powder and mashed bananas. Then lightly stir in the milk and vanilla extract, do not stir too much as this will make your mixture heavy. 

4. Spoon half the mixture into 5 of the mini loaf cases (approx. 2/3 tbsp of mixture per case). 

5. Go back to the remaining mixture and fold in the strawberries. Now spoon this half of the mixture into the remaining 5 mini loaf cases. 

6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a skewer/knife comes out clean. Leave to cool for 15 minutes.

7. Mix your icing sugar with warm water (make sure your icing is not too runny as you do not want it to fall off your spoon before it reaches the loaf). Drizzle each loaf with a small amount of icing, top with the dried banana chips.

8. Share with guests/EAT THEM ALL.
Banana and Strawberry Loaf
Left: Banana Loaf, Right: Banana and Strawberry Loaf
I choose to top only the mini Banana Loaf with icing and dried banana chips as this will give your guests choice and make it easier to tell the difference between them all! I hope you and your guests love these little treats as much as I do. Let me know in the comments if you'd like to see more recipe posts in the future. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter to show me how yours turn out, I'd love to see them! Enjoy, 
Bea-uty Blog
Find me on: TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN' | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK 


4 comments

  1. Oh my goodness, this looks delicious! I shall have to give this a go with my mum (she's a fabulous cake maker, yet she denies it) x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so so tasty. Send me a picture of yours over on Twitter when you've made them, I'd love to see them!

    Bea | Bea-uty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This banana and strawberry loaf sounds amazing, you are mixing two of my favourites things! I'm having few frinds over next weekend so I think I'm going to try out your recipe. Lovely pictures by the way

    Dash xx
    Mode Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favourites too! Be sure to send me a picture of yours. Thanks lovely!

      Bea | Bea-uty Blog

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.